Greathouse Cousins Home
Harmon Greathouse and Mary Ann 1750 - Harmon Greathouse Sr.
Harmon Greathouse Sr.
Birth: Abt 1750 - ,Fayette County,Pennsylvania 6
Death: Abt 1834 - ,Belmont County,Ohio 6
Cause of Death:
• Land purchase: 14 Oct 1829, Belmont County, Ohio. 6 Harmon purchased 40 acres of land in Section 30, Twp 6 Range 5 from Jacob and Rebecca Hoopes for $80. (Book O, page 153)
• Land sale: 12 Jul 1830, Belmont County, Ohio. 6 Harmon and his wife Sally sold the land purchased in Oct. 1929 to Maris Curtis for $216. (Book 0, page 154).
• Land purchase: 14 Dec 1830, Marietta District, Belmont County, Ohio. 6 Harmon purchased from John and Sarah Meechem for $100 the South 1/2 of West 1/2 of West 1/2 of NE 1/4 of Section 3, Township 6, Range 5 in Marietta District, consisting of 40 acres . Israel Moore and Jacob Moore, Jr. were witnesses to this deed.. This is the same land that the heirs of Harmon sold to Israel Moore on October 21, 1835 (Book T, page 70).
• Letters of Administration: 29 Sep 1834. 6 The Belmont County Orphans Court granted letters of administration on the estate of Harmon Greathouse to Israel Moore No other documents appear to survive the settling of the estate.
• Land sale: estate of Harmon Greathouse, 21 Oct 1835, , Belmont County, Ohio. 6 Children are listed as living on when they sold the land of their father's in Belmont County to the same Israel Moore who administered the estate. The deed begins: "To all of whom these presents shall come Greeting. Whereas on the eighth day of January A.D. 1835 Israel Moore of the County of Belmont and the State of Ohio filed his certain petition on court of Common Pleas within and for said County of Belmont against Enoch Greathouse, William Greathouse, Mary Williams, wife of Thomas Williams, James Greathouse and Sare Masters wife of Henry Masters demanding partition of certain real estate herin after described.
Spouses and Children
1. *Mary Ann (Abt 1756 - Bef 1823) 6
1. Enoch Greathouse Sr. (Abt 1780-1845)
2. James Greathouse (Abt 1782- ) 6
3. Sarah Greathouse (Abt 1795- ) 6
4. Mary Greathouse (Abt 1798- )
5. William Greathouse (Abt 1813- )
2. Sarah Travis ( - )
Marriage: 23 May 1823
Many researchers believe that Harmon 1787 is a son of this Harmon . .Lacking evidence, we have divided this file for now. We hope further research will clarify this.
Nancy L. Watson, a descendant of Harmon sent information from many documents she has in her files. She has --Marriage licenses, County records of deeds and other material that documented the file.