Andrew Jackson "Jack" Greathouse 61,91
- Born: 22 Dec 1836, , Morgan County, Indiana 64
- Marriage: Celia Ann Pettit on 17 Sep 1866 in , Webster County, Missouri
- Died: 28 Mar 1912, Niangua, Webster County, Missouri at age 75
- Buried: Niangua, Webster County, Missouri
Items of interest in his life were:
• Jack appeared on the U. S. Federal census in 1850 in Ozark Twp, Greene County, Missouri. 61,65
In the household of his father, Michael Greathouse :
Andrew J Greathous, 14 , b. Indiana
• Jack appeared on the U. S. Federal census in 1860 in Union Twp - Bristol Post office, Webster County, Missouri. 61,64
in the household of his father Michael Greathouse
Andrew J, 23, m, , day labor, b. Indiana
• Military: enlistment, 26 Dec 1863, , , Illinois.
Summary: Andrew .J. Greathouse
born in Morgan County Indiana, age 27, occupation farmer.
He Volunteers 26 Dec. 1863 for Army of the United States of America
Gray eyes, dark hair ,dark complection, 5 ft 11 1/2 inches tall
• Photo: In his uniform, Chattanooga, , Tennessee.
This picture is believed to post date the Civil War, even though AJ was a Civil War Vet, he probably re-enlisted to gain land grants. This is not yet a proven fact.- Jo Speake 22 July 2002
" Historians have verified to me and provided proof that this uniform is dated slightly after [the civil war] -Jo Ellen Speake 19 July-2009
Thanks to Jo Ellen Speake for this very special photo.
• Jack appeared on the U. S. Federal census in 1880 in Boone Township, Wright County, Missouri. 88 Supervisors Dist 4, Enumeration Dist 142 page 38,
household 338,family 338
Greathouse, Andrew J., WM 43, farming, Indiana, VA, KY
Sela A, WF 33,wife, keeping house, North Carolina, NC, NC
Mary J., WF 10, daughter, Missouri, Ind., NC
Perry W., WM 9, son, Missouri, Ind, NC
William T., WM 7, son, Missouri, Ind, NC
Noah A., WM 4, son, Missouir, Ind, NC
Hosea, WM 2, son, Missouir, Ind, NC
Petit, Elizabeth, WF 23, sister in law, keeping house, North Carolina, NC, NC
• Jack appeared on the U. S. Federal census in 1900 in Union Township, Webster County, Missouri. 111 Supervisors Dist 149, Enumerator District 142, Sheet 11
household 125, family 128
Greathouse, Jack, head, WM Dec 1836, 63 yrs.m married 34yrs, Indiana, Virginia, Kentucky
Celann, wife, FW , July 1848, 51, married 34 years, 7 child., 6 living, North Car, North Car, North Car
Hosea, son, WM, Aug 1878, 21, S, Missouri, North Car, North Car (?)
Lee, son, WM Jun(?) 1882, 18, S, Missouir, NOrth Car, North Car(?)
Jack married Celia Ann Pettit, daughter of Thomas Pettit and Mary Ann McKeel, on 17 Sep 1866 in , Webster County, Missouri. (Celia Ann Pettit was born on 12 Jul 1849 in , , North Carolina,48,111,112 died on 2 Dec 1928 in Springfield, , Missouri 48,112 and was buried on 3 Dec 1928 in Niangua, Webster County, Missouri 48,112.)
Married at Riley Terry's home by Alen Kilburn, J.P.